iambacon
03-23-2013, 05:18 PM
I cant get this thing to work

icantfeeelmyarms
03-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I keep getting this message every time I load PlayOnline:

http://i.imgur.com/KW396Q3.png

What do I do?
My network isn't busy, and my connection is fine.

Endure
03-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Do you have to mess with the booters?

Cptlew002
03-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Anyone willing to help me trouble shoot. Followed instructions twice now, deleted everything and reinstalled and get the same error. When I run ashita it says I am missing a msvp1001.dll file. I moved the data folder back to playonline and launched viewer, when I go back to check files FFXI is not under the drop down window anymore to check files again. Any run into this error?

Apollo
03-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I am having this problem: Error Code: FFXI-3101, transmission error with lobby server. can you please help me??? I installed it properly and got to the character create part and this just shows up. I see the status of the site and servers as online, that's why I don't get it why it says failed to enter lobby server

Triggws
03-26-2013, 09:17 PM
having trouble with step 5
when i check files ffxi does not show up in the list
i have un-installed and re-installed several times
i do not see why it would not show up

Captain Grimlock
03-28-2013, 02:39 AM
Sorry guys but i have to ask this...

So i stuck at the Check Files option. so when i have to choose 'Final Fantasy' on drag box, there is no 'Final Fantasy' option, did i do something wrong? I already installed
- Final Fantasy XI, (installed on G:\games\FFXI online\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI)
- Replacing the PXI-FFXI-UpdatePatch Do this befor launching play online.zip on Final Fantasy Folder
- Replacing ROMs_20111214.rar and Sounds_20111214.rar on Final Fantasy folder too
- Starting and updating Playonline and registering it and reach the Check Files,

other things is im using x64 bit windows 7

here is the pic of my problem
http://s24.postimage.org/fhpug5dut/Untitled.jpg
http://postimage.org/image/a6axvfrs1/

I am having this same issue.I haven't seen a fix posted.Any help would be much appreciated.

Zapix
03-28-2013, 04:17 AM
If FINAL FANTASY XI doesn't show up on the list, recopy the files from the folder "PXI-FFXI-UpdatePatch Do this befor launching play online" into the PlayOnline folder.
After starting POL again, the option for FFXI will be there.

morganu06
03-28-2013, 03:13 PM
What can I do to fix this? Please help :(

morganu06
03-28-2013, 06:50 PM
I am also having the same problem, Apollo. :(

Lucrece
03-28-2013, 07:12 PM
I am also having the same problem, Apollo. :(

Gotta wait til the Dev fixes some stuff, he said that when SE does major updates, the files get pretty messy.. He also said problems should be fixed in a few days or so. You can find the post on the forum, too.

uh oh...

http://ffxifree.com/forum/showthread.php?497-March-27th-2013-Version-Update

unfortunately there's not really a whole lot you can do. yesterdays seekers of adoulin update changed some stuff that will cause your client to crash.

honestly, the only thing you can do is try to find a full download of the pre-march 27th client

otherwise, you're stuck waiting for me to fix the adoulin issues. working as fast as i can in the few hours i have after work, maybe a few more days

sorry ^^

(This was the dev.)

Just a heads up, big SE updates tend to break the shit out of everything. I haven't had a chance to update my client yet (at work still), but with what I've read about windower plugins breaking, it probably breaks private servers as well.

Don't update your client to March 27, 2013 if you don't have to. If you do, expect crashes and other odd things to happen.

(Dev)

Known issues:

crashing in combat
improper recasts when changing jobs
crash on character creation

(Dev, again.)

Captain Grimlock
03-28-2013, 10:08 PM
If FINAL FANTASY XI doesn't show up on the list, recopy the files from the folder "PXI-FFXI-UpdatePatch Do this befor launching play online" into the PlayOnline folder.
After starting POL again, the option for FFXI will be there.

Thank you,fixed..now if only I could attack a mob without DC'ing lol.

Wackalackin
03-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Error 3101 usually means the lobby server is down at the moment.

korathesis
03-29-2013, 06:38 PM
I am having a similar problem, i got my Ashita configured correctly and got the runtime problem fixed and now i get this error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pol.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50f53b9f
Fault Module Name: Ashita Core.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.2.11
Fault Module Timestamp: 5153f067
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003dc4d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any help here would be awesome!

Robking18
03-30-2013, 04:39 AM
upon making my login and pswd on ffxi-boot application, its telling me i cannot be logged in and asks if i entered in the right password. Again, im trying to set my user name and password, and its telling me this...ive changed it in the .ini file and proceeded with the next step which is to open booter, and press 2, then follow instrucitons. Keeps telling me it cannot log me in, while im only trying to set my login and pswd. any thoughts?

Robking18
03-30-2013, 05:19 AM
upon making my login and pswd on ffxi-boot application, its telling me i cannot be logged in and asks if i entered in the right password. Again, im trying to set my user name and password, and its telling me this...ive changed it in the .ini file and proceeded with the next step which is to open booter, and press 2, then follow instrucitons. Keeps telling me it cannot log me in, while im only trying to set my login and pswd. any thoughts?

i did it the ashita way, logged in, but once the booter cmd screen closed, nothing happened. My username is my forum login if you can see whats happening on your end, i do not know.

venraga
03-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Im having a problem with the "FINALFANTASYXIUCAE". Everytime I start it I get this error.54 Does anyone know how to fix this?

red32
03-31-2013, 04:27 AM
game crash always when fight. says build 100 error. help pls

balador180
03-31-2013, 04:29 AM
if you need help let me know i could do team-viewer and set it up for you ^_^

Hey i was wondering if i can get some help get this setup going i pretty much got everything but when i try to create my character error message shows up any clue what that means???

Wackalackin
03-31-2013, 04:41 AM
What is the error message?

TheSystemGuides
03-31-2013, 03:56 PM
hey can anyone help me i am trying to finish creating my charecter but i can get pass the gold pass code i have tried 10 times and it still wont work for me

Smoke
03-31-2013, 04:37 PM
You shouldn't need to enter anything for a gold world pass, Are you entering anything in that section before pressing enter?

TheSystemGuides
03-31-2013, 05:11 PM
no im not i just keep on pressing enter and it gives the error 3322 ive done this another 10 times but i cant get it to work

Smoke
03-31-2013, 09:12 PM
My only 2 other suggestion, is to follow 100% Directly what is under each step for installation, I am not sure how, but many people have missed the "Secret Ninja" step somewhere along the lines. I believe it is because of the extra information between the steps throwing people off.

My other suggestion is, wait it out. I know it sucks, but the BEST things in life usually come from having patients.

Look forward to seeing you in game soon. Keep trying and don't give up!

Jadesky
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm having the same issue. Should be sorted when the new update goes live, hopefully. It's just a waiting game now.

NexusNemesis
04-01-2013, 06:15 PM
just spent the last day downloading and installing this (the ROM update download got corrupted for me, so i had to redownload), and finally thought i was able to play, but after the character creation and world choice, it asks for that gold ticket thing and then gives error 3321 or something like that...

is it really just a waiting game like the above posts state?... i would like more info..

also sorry if this is a bad place to post this, obviously im very new to this forum.

kraden
04-03-2013, 09:23 AM
I followed ll the instructions and still got nothing but a error message

fallenseraphim
04-03-2013, 10:48 PM
I followed all the steps, downloaded ashita, added username / password in the booter, but everytime I launch to play I get ERROR: :LOGIN: :INIT_TOP_SOCKET (10050) A SOCKET OPERATION ENCOUNTERED A DEAD NETWORK

Anyone have a solution?

DontPanic
04-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone,

So I have followed every step to the letter but I get a little error.

So I got the Ashita and I can log onto it just fine with my username and pass and it closes then FFXI program pops up. Then I get an error message saying, "pol.exe has stopped working"

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I noticed everytime I open Ashita I get this window popping up (I'll attach pic) is this normal?

Revnan
04-05-2013, 04:05 AM
have followed all steps but i encountered a problem and have had a few questions. what i did was:

1. download the torrent with the game
2. installed the game plus al those add ons (Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia etc.) this takes about half an hour?
3. i copy all of the stuff in the patch and paste it inside the FINAL FANTASY XI folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI)
4. i click the playonline button on my desktop
5. i choose the existing member choise and entered hagelslag as user and ABCD1234 as id
6. i select check files, but i cannot select Final fantasy XI its not in the list.

Any idea what the problem is i'm stumped.

I am having the exact same problem. The only two options for file check are the play online viewer and tetra master, there is no option to check ffxi files T_T. Please help, I want to play with you all =D

Smoke
04-05-2013, 02:29 PM
You are not following the instructions.

You DO NOT log into Playonline!

You choose "Check Files" on the lower left of the POL window. If FFXI does not show up, maybe you updated your POL too far by actually logging in, and my suggestion is to re-download the "Patch" files (not the rom files) and paste it over the top of the folder as instructed.

If your playonline has updated, you might have to reinstall and try again, but I am not sure because I did not log in and update POL.

Literally the only reason you are creating a POL account with that login information is to get Playonline off of your back so you can check the files and download the correct information.

Not log into their actual service.

Revnan
04-05-2013, 05:17 PM
You are not following the instructions.

You DO NOT log into Playonline!

You choose "Check Files" on the lower left of the POL window. If FFXI does not show up, maybe you updated your POL too far by actually logging in, and my suggestion is to re-download the "Patch" files (not the rom files) and paste it over the top of the folder as instructed.

If your playonline has updated, you might have to reinstall and try again, but I am not sure because I did not log in and update POL.

Literally the only reason you are creating a POL account with that login information is to get Playonline off of your back so you can check the files and download the correct information.

Not log into their actual service.

This is not the problem, no additional steps were taken and instructions were followed to the letter. I am removing and reinstalling everything from scratch, I'll post with quote when I have made my second attempt with details.

Revnan
04-06-2013, 03:15 AM
This is not the problem, no additional steps were taken and instructions were followed to the letter. I am removing and reinstalling everything from scratch, I'll post with quote when I have made my second attempt with details.

I think I have identified the problem, when copying patch files I received a message such as " files failed to overwrite, access denied" I don't understand it, I've tried many unzip programs and locations. Is it possible to get some help with this? I notice after reading this whole thread that many people have the same or similar issues.

Edit: POL was not updated except to get to where you can scan files.

Vherus
04-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I had this issue but as an IT Technician I didn't think twice about fixing it, and I just assumed most other people would do the same. If you can't overwrite files because it doesn't allow access, do the following:

Locate your PlayOnline folder, usually at "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline". Don't go into the PO folder, instead right click it and select the "Properties" option. Then, on the top of the properties window, click the "Security" tab. Almost near the bottom of the window should be a button for "Advanced". Click that button.

Now, this will open a completely new window. What you need to do is click the "Change Permissions" button. This will bring up a list, and one of the items in the list should have the permission "Read & execute". This is usually your "Users\Named-PC". Highlight that option and click "Edit". In the new window, simply tick the top box that says "Full control" and click Okay, Apply etc.

This will now allow you to completely access, rewrite and do whatever you want with your PlayOnline folder and everything in it without compromising your security.

Revnan
04-06-2013, 05:22 PM
I had this issue but as an IT Technician I didn't think twice about fixing it, and I just assumed most other people would do the same. If you can't overwrite files because it doesn't allow access, do the following:

Locate your PlayOnline folder, usually at "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline". Don't go into the PO folder, instead right click it and select the "Properties" option. Then, on the top of the properties window, click the "Security" tab. Almost near the bottom of the window should be a button for "Advanced". Click that button.

Now, this will open a completely new window. What you need to do is click the "Change Permissions" button. This will bring up a list, and one of the items in the list should have the permission "Read & execute". This is usually your "Users\Named-PC". Highlight that option and click "Edit". In the new window, simply tick the top box that says "Full control" and click Okay, Apply etc.

This will now allow you to completely access, rewrite and do whatever you want with your PlayOnline folder and everything in it without compromising your security.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. There was no way I would ever have figured that out, and I was unsuccessful at problem solving it by searching online. I am now able to see FFXI on the file check list and have begun repairing files.

djacques
04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Neither the movie-less boot or Ashita will let me log in. The error message in pol.exe is:

Connected to the server.
Login failed.
ERROR: You could not be logged in!
ERROR: Did you enter the right password?

The other booter has a very similar error message.

I'm running it as an administrator, the username and password matches what I wrote in the config file, and I appear to be connecting to the server, so I don't know what could be wrong!

Thanks so much for setting up this guide.

wxychus
04-09-2013, 02:15 AM
Booter WITH startup cutscene
Click here to download the booter (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kq9k268q4fl7b8f)

Open the WinRAR file you downloaded and extract the contents to PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\
please also remember to download x86 and x64 from here and install both http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

http://i.imgur.com/16Zjk.png

Run Ashita.exe as an administrator.
Click the updates tab on the launcher and update all files.

http://i.imgur.com/HVSue.png

Go back to the launcher and click FFXIFREE.COM once, then click edit and change the screen resolution.(Remember to change the resolution in the game config program aswell)
Add your user name and password to boot command.

http://i.imgur.com/n5NBY.png

Click 'would like to use the saved config' then click Launch!

http://i.imgur.com/QXa4x.png

hi all! my name is Wxychus and i really would love to play this game but some bad thing happened, i'll explain.

so i'm new and i'm trying to install FFXI from your site i follow every step but , as i qoute, in the step 6 it happens this:

sys message: Error! ashita failed to inject into play online.

so i ask you what can i do in orderto solve that problem? oh and sorry for my english but is not my primary language

Wackalackin
04-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Did you run as an admin?

wxychus
04-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Did you run as an admin?

yes i did, as the previous steps of the instalation method says, sorry again for my english. i apologize for my non-correct speaking

DekuDan
04-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey I ran into a problem. got to the Create Character and when I went to make name then select server and then finish I get Error Code:FFXI:3322. can someone help me out:)

Augustiner
04-10-2013, 03:29 PM
THE download link is broken guys

pls fix that

greetz

Roetenin
04-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Download link is fixed, make sure your Torrent programs are up to date.

Roansollis
04-11-2013, 03:12 AM
I'M HAVING A FEW ISSUES MYSELF GETTING IT TO WORK I HAVE WINDOWS 8 AND MY BROTHER STARTED IT NOW I DONT KNW WHERE HE LEFT OFF,TEAM VIEWER WOULD BE GREAT :d

Kapri25
04-12-2013, 11:22 PM
I have gotten up to the step on repairing the "files" step but am having trouble finding the option to select Final Fantasy option in the check files area. I then followed the direction provided by Vherus but it seems that Windows 8 does not like people and wants me to never be able to change things to be able to play this game. I am attaching some screen shots of what it is I am looking at.

Kapri25
04-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Found the crux of the problem. Step 3 was kind of watered down on what I needed to do and got confused on what needed to be done. To all who may not know make sure you copy and paste the items of PXI-FFXI Update folder into PLayonline/squareenix/Final Fantasy XI folder.

Pork
04-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Neither the movie-less boot or Ashita will let me log in. The error message in pol.exe is:

Connected to the server.
Login failed.
ERROR: You could not be logged in!
ERROR: Did you enter the right password?

The other booter has a very similar error message.

I'm running it as an administrator, the username and password matches what I wrote in the config file, and I appear to be connecting to the server, so I don't know what could be wrong!

Thanks so much for setting up this guide.

I'm also having this issue. Anyone know how to fix this?

Alchimie
04-16-2013, 07:23 PM
I am stuck on Step 5 due to a HDD error. And I am totally lost on how to fix this issue. Could someone help a gal out, please?

shiarua
04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
I am stuck on Step 5 due to a HDD error. And I am totally lost on how to fix this issue. Could someone help a gal out, please?

What is the specific error? Can you take a screen shot?

shiarua
04-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm also having this issue. Anyone know how to fix this?

Did you create a new account? You have to register your account before you can log in.

Also, can you try logging in here? Does it let you log in?

http://ffxifree.com/user_panel.php

Alchimie
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I feel frustrated and a little silly at this point. I had to run the file check & repair to get screen shots. Well, this time it went through without an issue... Now, I cannot get logged in via the ffxi-boot because every time I hit enter after my password, the Enter key adds an extra character. Which makes my password incorrect -.-

Wackalackin
04-16-2013, 10:44 PM
You can just edit the .ini file and make it auto login for you.

naveruz
04-17-2013, 12:36 AM
--user yourusername --pass yourpass donde coloco el nombre y el pass

naveruz
04-17-2013, 12:45 AM
ashita failed to process the selected configuration que puedo hacer win 7 ultimate 64bit

Alchimie
04-17-2013, 05:13 AM
I did edit the .ini file. Which is why I do not get why the Boot is stubborn about letting me login.

shiarua
04-17-2013, 05:26 AM
--user yourusername --pass yourpass donde coloco el nombre y el pass

Yes, you have to edit that string with the username and password you want to use for your account.

When you first load the boot loader, you will have to create a new account on the server using the username and password you used in the configuration.

shiarua
04-17-2013, 05:29 AM
I did edit the .ini file. Which is why I do not get why the Boot is stubborn about letting me login.

Try editing with Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) and make sure there arent any blank spaces after the username and password strings. Make sure the encoding is ANSI as well (check the menu at the top)

shiarua
04-17-2013, 05:36 AM
ashita failed to process the selected configuration que puedo hacer win 7 ultimate 64bit

Make sure you are running as administrator and have Visual C++ Runtime installed (http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/B/16B06F60-3B20-4FF2-B699-5E9B7962F9AE/VSU1/vcredist_x86.exe)

naveruz
04-17-2013, 03:54 PM
--user yourusername --pass yourpass ejemplo --naveruz--****** ,,,asi esta bien ..es necesario usar ashita porque puedo jugar usando ffxi-boot.exe

isamu247
04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
ok i.....think i have a problem. idk what to do. i've done everything i needed to. but when i run ashita and click launch, it says i logged in successfully but then it just closes. i'm assume it's trying to run the game, but nothing happens. help please? lol i'm kinda lost here.

Anarya
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone!

First, thanks for the guide and the opportunity to play FFXI again after all these years <3

I installed everything and with the booter from the torrents it all worked and i was really happy ;)
Now I was told if I use the Ashita Booter I could minimize the Game. This is quite important for me so I can look up infos to quests etc.
So I did everthing that was mentioned in the Guide but at the point where I should run Ashita.exe I receive following error:
I can't post the exact error message because its in German but it basicly says that I should install .Net Framework v4.0.30319
So i tryed and looked this up, but I only found v.4.0. and v4.5. so i instaled v4.0 and it didn't work and then i installed v4.5. but it still doesn't work :( :( :(

Does anyone know how to fix this or if there is any other way to minimize the game?
I use Windows Vista and if you need to know anything else let me know ;)
Thank you in advance for your help!

naveruz
04-17-2013, 06:44 PM
hola me puedes decir si el juego funciona correctamente con ffxi-boot.exe porque con ashita no me funciona ----- nose si esto esta correcto - Yourusername usuario - pass yourpass Donde coloco el Nombre y el pase me das un ejemplo

shiarua
04-18-2013, 01:52 PM
ok i.....think i have a problem. idk what to do. i've done everything i needed to. but when i run ashita and click launch, it says i logged in successfully but then it just closes. i'm assume it's trying to run the game, but nothing happens. help please? lol i'm kinda lost here.

Need more specifics. Does the cmd window open and close immediately? Is there any discernible output you can see from the console?

shiarua
04-18-2013, 01:54 PM
--user yourusername --pass yourpass ejemplo --naveruz--****** ,,,asi esta bien ..es necesario usar ashita porque puedo jugar usando ffxi-boot.exe

You can use the FFXI-Boot loader, its just Ashita is easier to set up and use.

shiarua
04-18-2013, 02:31 PM
hola me puedes decir si el juego funciona correctamente con ffxi-boot.exe porque con ashita no me funciona ----- nose si esto esta correcto - Yourusername usuario - pass yourpass Donde coloco el Nombre y el pase me das un ejemplo

Lets say my username is 'naveruz' and my password is 'ffxifree'

The string would be --server 85.25.116.212 --user naveruz --pass ffxifree in the "Boot Command" section of the "Edit config" section.

If this is your first time logging into the server, it will say something like the account doesnt exist or its not found. At that point you need to create a new account with the same username and password you used in the Ashita configuration

kilyan
04-18-2013, 03:51 PM
unplayable even in lowest settings, even if my pc can handle it easily:AMD PHENOM II X4 965 4GHZ,8GB RAM AND NVIDIA 560 TI windows 7 64

any fix?

shiarua
04-18-2013, 05:47 PM
unplayable even in lowest settings, even if my pc can handle it easily:AMD PHENOM II X4 965 4GHZ,8GB RAM AND NVIDIA 560 TI windows 7 64

any fix?

Should be fine. Make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers (geforce.com)

Ghost
04-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Nvm i have it working now. ;)

shiarua
04-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Nvm i have it working now. ;)

Excellent. Let us know if you need any more help.

Brothermist
04-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I have the game up and running on my PC, but my PC is ancient and just barely plays the game. I got a new laptop that should run the game much better, but I am having an issue. Got the game installed and running, have the rez set the same in Ashita and the ffxi config, have updated the drivers (cant install from intel had to use Toshiba's updated video driver) and installed the recommended runtimes.

The problem I am having is one that has been listed here before. Log in to game and everything seems to work except my all pc's & npc's are invisible. The names show, but no toon. I have heard mention that there are issues with Windows 8 and Intel HD Graphics 4000. I am running both Win8 and HD4000. I have not seen a fix listed for the issue.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I can still play the game on the desktop (poorly), but I'd like to be able to switch my playing over to the new laptop.

Thank you for your time.

glenkrasner
04-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Hi,
I can not get past Step 2.
I click FINALFANTASYXICAE and the installation prompts me to tell it where to install, I tell it where, and after it stats to install, I get the following error mesage:

ERROR 2711 The specified name ('EX567_ALL') not found in Feature Table.

and after clicking ok, another error pops up:

ERROR 1603 Fatal error during installation.

Any ides?

Thanks

shiarua
04-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi,
I can not get past Step 2.
I click FINALFANTASYXICAE and the installation prompts me to tell it where to install, I tell it where, and after it stats to install, I get the following error mesage:

ERROR 2711 The specified name ('EX567_ALL') not found in Feature Table.

and after clicking ok, another error pops up:

ERROR 1603 Fatal error during installation.

Any ides?

Thanks

You might not have administrative privileges to install the game, or the download is corrupt. Make sure you are installing the game from an administrative account and if that doesnt work, try rechecking the torrent you downloaded.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

shiarua
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
I have the game up and running on my PC, but my PC is ancient and just barely plays the game. I got a new laptop that should run the game much better, but I am having an issue. Got the game installed and running, have the rez set the same in Ashita and the ffxi config, have updated the drivers (cant install from intel had to use Toshiba's updated video driver) and installed the recommended runtimes.

The problem I am having is one that has been listed here before. Log in to game and everything seems to work except my all pc's & npc's are invisible. The names show, but no toon. I have heard mention that there are issues with Windows 8 and Intel HD Graphics 4000. I am running both Win8 and HD4000. I have not seen a fix listed for the issue.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I can still play the game on the desktop (poorly), but I'd like to be able to switch my playing over to the new laptop.

Thank you for your time.

It's most likely a driver issue. I would start by googling the issue and see what you can find.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ffxi+hd4000

glenkrasner
04-22-2013, 02:46 AM
You might not have administrative privileges to install the game, or the download is corrupt. Make sure you are installing the game from an administrative account and if that doesnt work, try rechecking the torrent you downloaded.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

Thanks for the info,
turns out my computer didn't like me installing it on a drive other than C: :mad:

boshudio
04-22-2013, 04:12 AM
when making a character im getting error 3322 or somethign like that any help?

shiarua
04-22-2013, 06:34 PM
when making a character im getting error 3322 or somethign like that any help?

Try again. Based on the time you posted I know the lobby server was probably down around that time and that would have been necessary for you to create an account/character.

glenkrasner
04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Hiya,
I got the game almost working now, except for the UI.....as in no UI :D
is there a way to make the ui visible when it is not?

sikemanders
04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
my ff11 booter works just fine, but when I tried to extract ashita into ff11 folder, I get a CLR error: 80004005 (program will now terminate).
this happens when ever I try to click ashita to start ff11 however ff11 booter works fine.

any Help appreciated ^^

ubernoob
04-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Looks like the torrent is incomplete (barely.)

I've checked, forced re-checks and downloads throughout the day (probably 25-30 times) and the .Data.001 file is incomplete. Redownloading doesn't help. It looks like it's just a very small portion of it missing or corrupt.

Edit:

Scratch that. Finally worked after all day of trying. Nice.

stickwithplanb
04-23-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm still having the issue at Step 5 where I'm supposed to extract the files. I've done that, but there still isn't a drop down for FFXI in the Check Files location. I've tried completely deleting the torrent and files and downloading them again but to no avail.

shiarua
04-23-2013, 03:22 AM
Hiya,
I got the game almost working now, except for the UI.....as in no UI :D
is there a way to make the ui visible when it is not?

What graphics card/chipset does your computer have?

OriginalxBoomer
04-23-2013, 11:54 PM
I have followed the steps posted and in the video and everything goes smoothly except when it comes to the "Check Files" portion. FFXI does not show up in the drop down. Just POL and Tetra Master. WHat am I doing wrong?

OriginalxBoomer
04-23-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm still having the issue at Step 5 where I'm supposed to extract the files. I've done that, but there still isn't a drop down for FFXI in the Check Files location. I've tried completely deleting the torrent and files and downloading them again but to no avail.

I'm having the same issue.

OriginalxBoomer
04-24-2013, 12:35 AM
To elaborate:
I have copied, extracted, done everything I can think of when it comes to the PX--FFXI files, as per the instructions. I have even gone through and made sure the permissions are set to full control. he issue of not seeing FFXI on he Check Files list persists.

Please, PLEASE, somebody help me... I would give my right arm to play this game with you all.

Roetenin
04-24-2013, 12:57 AM
I have followed the steps posted and in the video and everything goes smoothly except when it comes to the "Check Files" portion. FFXI does not show up in the drop down. Just POL and Tetra Master. WHat am I doing wrong?

Do you have windows 8?

OriginalxBoomer
04-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Do you have windows 8?

Yes, I do.

shiarua
04-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Yes, I do.

Open regedit and check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnline US\InstallFolder (if 64-bit OS)

Is the path value for FFXI set correctly?

DazeMica
04-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Dunno, if I buy new PC just for this game. Should I get Windows 8 or 7? I have been hearing the issues with 8 and FFXI. If the PC has Win8 preinstalled. Is it possible to downgrade to 7 or leave as it is and instruct how to play FFXI on 8 without issues?

shiarua
04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Its a matter of personal preference. I know a lot of people are running Win 8 but it might be better to just run 7 right now

Wackalackin
04-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Windows 7 is a much better choice if you plan on playing FFXI.

Vandalain
04-25-2013, 11:50 PM
So i keep getting this error saying connection was forced closed, i haven't been able to get passed the login screen in the booter. Can i get a few tips please?

Xemnasxiii
04-27-2013, 05:02 PM
The game download isn't working for me. what do I do?

Donnohan
04-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Hello , my girlfriend has downloaded the FFXI archivos from the torrent , but she's having problems descompressing/installing the FFXIUCAE.exe , i mean , it pops a 7zip window that gives her a error like some files on it were broken , i installed it too but it never gave me errors , somebody knows what is causing it? or something that i could do to help her? The help would be really apprecciated , thank you :)

Donnohan
04-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Looks like the torrent is incomplete (barely.)

I've checked, forced re-checks and downloads throughout the day (probably 25-30 times) and the .Data.001 file is incomplete. Redownloading doesn't help. It looks like it's just a very small portion of it missing or corrupt.

Edit:

Scratch that. Finally worked after all day of trying. Nice.

Can i ask you what you did to make it work please? , im having serious issues with this , it doesnt let me finish the unpacking :/ are the Data.001 , .1, and .011

Kurisu-San
04-28-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm trying to download the client on a windows 7 x64 bit and I'm having an issue. I have previously downloaded the game on two other computers (one for myself and one for a RL friend) and I'm trying to help someone else get the game however I cannot get into PoL to patch the game so that the booter will have the path to open XI. He's running on Windows 7 x64 and I vaguely remember reading somewhere about an issue with that however no searches is helping me in this issue. Any help given to get this taken care of would be greatly appreciated.

I'm following the instructions to the "T" on the OP as I did with the two previous installations and both me and my friend are able to get in and play so I know the instructions or ability to follow them aren't an issue. For some reason PoL just continues to crash. I've tried completely uninstalling removing the download for the Abyssea version and then re-downloading and reinstalling both regularly and as admin and then installing PoL/XI/expansions both was as well and running PoL normally, in admin, & in comparability and still not opening the program.

-Kurisu-San

Ocalit
04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Have you tried downloading the windows 7 compatable PoL from the ffxi website? The current version available from squenix is compatable for windows 7 as well as windows 8.

pfisher1984
04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Hello , my girlfriend has downloaded the FFXI archivos from the torrent , but she's having problems descompressing/installing the FFXIUCAE.exe , i mean , it pops a 7zip window that gives her a error like some files on it were broken , i installed it too but it never gave me errors , somebody knows what is causing it? or something that i could do to help her? The help would be really apprecciated , thank you :)

did the same thing to me. i deleted the torrent on my utorrent. not the acual files.. then clicked link again to re-download it after it checked files i had to only get the one that was corrupted. hope it helps

pfisher1984
04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Are there always problems logging into the game? it either give error saying server stopped responding or cant connect to world server

Kreiss
04-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Hey guys I just finished to install and upload everything, but when I try to launch the game and log in it keeps saying that ID or Password may be wrong, but I didn't change nothing..
Any tips? Ashita and Play Online must have the same ID and pass? (Even though I'm pretty sure that they're the same already)

ivar
04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello all, I just installed FFXI and want to starting playing again after a few years out. Ive followed the install thread but got to the ffxi-boot section. I got the "FFXI check-unknown" part, updated it.

But, when I put the booter on, I change the .ini file to acceptable user name and password and have changed all the resolutions to the same 1024 x 768. From this, i run the booter in admin mode but unfortunately get "you could not log in; did you get the password right".

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible to solo/duo in this?

Kurisu-San
04-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I tried that after you brought that to my attention, I did it twice but to no avail, didn't fix the issue

Have you tried downloading the windows 7 compatable PoL from the ffxi website? The current version available from squenix is compatable for windows 7 as well as windows 8.

Xemnasxiii
05-03-2013, 04:24 AM
After completing character creation I get an error:

ERROR CODE FFXI-3101
Transmission error with lobby server

This happens every time I try to sign in, can anyone help?

DazeMica
05-03-2013, 04:30 AM
U have to keep trying. I did get that 30 times or more.

ivar
05-03-2013, 03:16 PM
I installed FFXI a few days ago. Ive followed the install thread.

But, when I put the booter on, I change the .ini file to an acceptable user name and password and have changed all the resolutions to the same 1024 x 768. From this, i run the booter in admin mode but unfortunately get "you could not log in; did you get the password right".

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Anyone, i really want to start playing and join in the community.

Regards,

Ivar

DazeMica
05-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Ivar. Are u sure 100%? If you do, u need to manual type your login and password on booter. It sometimes do it on me too.

Noot
05-04-2013, 01:26 PM

I had followed the Videos you had posted, now I'm stuck. I was trying to add the booter and am at a lose. I played FFXI when it was pay to play for like 6 yrs. once i heard there was this free to play, i jumped on the chance. i hope I could get past this road block and start playing again.

dreamwalkz
05-05-2013, 03:16 PM
trying out now

shiarua
05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
I installed FFXI a few days ago. Ive followed the install thread.

But, when I put the booter on, I change the .ini file to an acceptable user name and password and have changed all the resolutions to the same 1024 x 768. From this, i run the booter in admin mode but unfortunately get "you could not log in; did you get the password right".

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Anyone, i really want to start playing and join in the community.

Regards,

Ivar

You need to create an account on the server first. When you try logging in for the first time, it should ask you if you want to create a new account or log in (assuming you are using FFXI-Boot). If you are using ashita and the username doesnt already exist, it will prompt you to create an account.

Its also possible that someone already created an account with the username you are trying to use. I suggest using a different username

shiarua
05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
I had followed the Videos you had posted, now I'm stuck. I was trying to add the booter and am at a lose. I played FFXI when it was pay to play for like 6 yrs. once i heard there was this free to play, i jumped on the chance. i hope I could get past this road block and start playing again.

What, exactly, are you having issues with?

Noot
05-06-2013, 09:52 PM
What, exactly, are you having issues with?

In the torrent that you downloaded, there should be a WinRAR file called ffxi-boot. Extract the contents to PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI
Open the .ini file inside the ffxi-boot folder(couldn't find the .ini file) and add your desired username and password. You can also change the resolution to your liking. You also need to change the resolution in the config program called 'FINAL FANTASY XI Config' located at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS\
Run ffxi-boot as an administrator (this is important).(what is the password for admin?)

:( I am not very tech savvy.
Thank you for trying to help me.

DazeMica
05-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Run ffxi-boot as an administrator (this is important).(what is the password for admin?)

Theres no password. Its your own computer setting.

ivar
05-07-2013, 10:12 PM
oh my god, im in! Shiarua and DazeMica, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Both of you, LEGEN--- wait for it because you are awesome ---DARY

Cant wait to join the community :). Woot!

thanks again (guys/gals)

Lol, that was a pre-emptive thanks... got to the character creation section and transmission error came up :S. Is it because the game is running in a windowed mode? or as someone previously said I need ot keep trying?

shiarua
05-08-2013, 01:45 PM
oh my god, im in! Shiarua and DazeMica, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Both of you, LEGEN--- wait for it because you are awesome ---DARY

Cant wait to join the community :). Woot!

thanks again (guys/gals)

Lol, that was a pre-emptive thanks... got to the character creation section and transmission error came up :S. Is it because the game is running in a windowed mode? or as someone previously said I need ot keep trying?

Depends on what kind of transmission error you got.

Its possible the either A) Someone already has a character by that name or B) You created the character you just need to keep trying to log in with that character. Sometimes it takes several tries to get online for the first time with a new character.

liquidsolidvapor
05-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I have been up for 7 hours and very carefully followed directions, yet still whenever i log in with FFXI boot I after connecting to server i get "accept failed 10038" what am I doing wrong???! please help I am a huge FFXI fan with over 60 days logged would love to log 60 more! ^^;

Troak
05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I recommend Ashita over FFXI Boot, so you may want to get that for booting up the game. If you have an error with that, I am more likely to know how to resolve it.

liquidsolidvapor
05-08-2013, 02:58 PM
I tried using ashita after ffxi boot wont work, according to ashita there are no errors but nothing boots up ashita just ends up closing. thanks for you quick response!

shiarua
05-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I tried using ashita after ffxi boot wont work, according to ashita there are no errors but nothing boots up ashita just ends up closing. thanks for you quick response!

Did you update Final Fantasy XI through PlayOnline?

liquidsolidvapor
05-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Did you update Final Fantasy XI through PlayOnline?

I did update through Play online I am trying to reinstall from scratch, if it doesnt work I am gunna try on my 32 bit windows xp system later this week..

Troak
05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
It's likely something very simple, I doubt you need to reinstall and it definitely works on Win 7 64 bit. Just need to see your config and the error if possible to really know how to fix it.

liquidsolidvapor
05-09-2013, 03:30 AM
It's likely something very simple, I doubt you need to reinstall and it definitely works on Win 7 64 bit. Just need to see your config and the error if possible to really know how to fix it.

well i started from scratch this morning anyways, no no avail. I am certain I am following directions very strictly. especially with running ashita in admin mode. Getting same results I will post pictures of my config and what ashita is doing.

well i was going to post pictures but this word processor wont let me...

guess ill have to photobucket them or something

http://s7.postimg.org/jxmfspagr/configashita.png

http://s4.postimg.org/evjbz72h9/config.png

shiarua
05-09-2013, 03:49 AM
well i started from scratch this morning anyways, no no avail. I am certain I am following directions very strictly. especially with running ashita in admin mode. Getting same results I will post pictures of my config and what ashita is doing.

well i was going to post pictures but this word processor wont let me...

guess ill have to photobucket them or something

http://s7.postimg.org/jxmfspagr/configashita.png

http://s4.postimg.org/evjbz72h9/config.png

Can you try again? If you tried this evening, chances are the server was down. I also recommend restarting your PC and router.

liquidsolidvapor
05-09-2013, 04:27 AM
Can you try again? If you tried this evening, chances are the server was down. I also recommend restarting your PC and router.

I tried about an hour ago with same results, just doesnt want to actually launch the program, router and pc have been restarted several times same issue

shiarua
05-09-2013, 04:29 AM
I tried about an hour ago with same results, just doesnt want to actually launch the program, router and pc have been restarted several times same issue

Well an hour ago or earlier the server might have been down. Its down right now lol.

liquidsolidvapor
05-09-2013, 04:55 AM

Just tried once more after restarting and such, still same story oh well. I wanted to play with you guys im a huge huge fan of vana'diel and all it has to offer, but i guess its just not in the stars!

if anyone wants to like use some program to look at my config or fix my settings remotely i am not opposed but id hate to be a big burden of a galka whm lol ^^; its awesome you guys got a server up and running i had always hoped there would be one someday

liquidsolidvapor
05-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Just tried once more after restarting and such, still same story oh well. I wanted to play with you guys im a huge huge fan of vana'diel and all it has to offer, but i guess its just not in the stars!

if anyone wants to like use some program to look at my config or fix my settings remotely i am not opposed but id hate to be a big burden of a galka whm lol ^^; its awesome you guys got a server up and running i had always hoped there would be one someday

its just not meant to be, according to ffxifree.com server is online, but everytime i try it fails to boot oh well, im glad it works for you guys! thanks for the feedback

shiarua
05-09-2013, 02:36 PM
its just not meant to be, according to ffxifree.com server is online, but everytime i try it fails to boot oh well, im glad it works for you guys! thanks for the feedback

It's most likely something with a firewall, or it could also be UAC if you have that enabled.

Noot
05-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Finally got into the game now I'm receiving Error FFXI-3101

any help?

shiarua
05-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Finally got into the game now I'm receiving Error FFXI-3101

any help?

Means your character is already logged in. Wait 5-10 min and try again.

liquidsolidvapor
05-10-2013, 04:03 AM
tried to run with firewall deactivated and all UAC off. No luck. Is there ANYTHING else I can do?

shiarua
05-10-2013, 04:35 AM
tried to run with firewall deactivated and all UAC off. No luck. Is there ANYTHING else I can do?

Could be blocked at your router. Perhaps you need to forward the ports for FFXI (no idea what they are) or put your computer in the DMZ. Otherwise it could be a problem with your ISP.

liquidsolidvapor
05-10-2013, 08:35 AM
I found a forum where somone had similar problem as me, they tried installing on old 32 ein xp pc, and it booted right up, ill try that tomorrow, i know it'll run it. im putting that hope out there

Noot
05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey! i got passed the character creation and country selection screens and was actually in the game! Then it force closed and the Ashita boot file disappeared? Has this happened to anymore else? Please advise. Thanks to everyone for your patients and time.

I also cant log in using POL file or Playonline viewer. POL will just auto close before seeing any error messages displayed and playonline viewer keeps saying User ID or Password are incorrect.

I was there, and now i can't get back in. If I get back in my Character is Noot (obviously)

Goldra
05-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I try to extract these files from the RAR into the FFXI folder saved within the C Drive, and the WinRar app denies taking any action. "Access is denied" . THis is my 3rd time downloading the game and this always happens. While this may not see as bad, a result my be that the actual game doesn't show up for file check within the PLAYONLINE window.... Please help me out...

shiarua
05-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I try to extract these files from the RAR into the FFXI folder saved within the C Drive, and the WinRar app denies taking any action. "Access is denied" . THis is my 3rd time downloading the game and this always happens. While this may not see as bad, a result my be that the actual game doesn't show up for file check within the PLAYONLINE window.... Please help me out...

Thats probably because you dont have permissions to write to the FFXI folder.

Make sure you are on an administrator account and have write permissions.

shiarua
05-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Hey! i got passed the character creation and country selection screens and was actually in the game! Then it force closed and the Ashita boot file disappeared? Has this happened to anymore else? Please advise. Thanks to everyone for your patients and time.

I also cant log in using POL file or Playonline viewer. POL will just auto close before seeing any error messages displayed and playonline viewer keeps saying User ID or Password are incorrect.

I was there, and now i can't get back in. If I get back in my Character is Noot (obviously)

Sounds like you deleted something. You cant log in through PlayOnline. You must use Ashita or FFXI-Boot.

Noot
05-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Sounds like you deleted something. You cant log in through PlayOnline. You must use Ashita or FFXI-Boot.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now it wont let me extract the Ashita zip file saying its password protected. I must have done something wrong. I don't know what it was? :'(

shiarua
05-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now it wont let me extract the Ashita zip file saying its password protected. I must have done something wrong. I don't know what it was? :'(

I doubt the zip file is password protected. Are you sure you have write privileges to the FFXI folder?

Noot
05-11-2013, 08:13 PM
I doubt the zip file is password protected. Are you sure you have write privileges to the FFXI folder?

well i'm trying once again. when i try extracting all the files from the Ashita to FFXI it says it requires a password. I had thought maybe it was the password i setup for POL. but it doesn't seem to work either. I've got to be missing something important. My biggest problem is i can only work on it on my days off work (only twice a week, if that). Do i need a certian program to have write privileges? I am now getting an error in Darkstar. Accept Failed: 10093 I love this game and would really like to play it again. Thanks a ton Shiarua for all your advise.

shiarua
05-12-2013, 04:09 PM
well i'm trying once again. when i try extracting all the files from the Ashita to FFXI it says it requires a password. I had thought maybe it was the password i setup for POL. but it doesn't seem to work either. I've got to be missing something important. My biggest problem is i can only work on it on my days off work (only twice a week, if that). Do i need a certian program to have write privileges? I am now getting an error in Darkstar. Accept Failed: 10093 I love this game and would really like to play it again. Thanks a ton Shiarua for all your advise.

Can you take screenshots of what you are doing and post them here? (use imgur.com to host)

Razhael
05-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Hello Viperpray,
Im trying to install FFXI in my notebook with Windows 7, but im having some trouble...

First of all;
I did everything exactly as you said, using the booter without cinematics.
The problem is when i finish putting the username and password. Then i go change the resolution in the 'FINAL FANTASY XI Config';
http://i39.tinypic.com/3142fmh.png
The resolution i use here is 1024x768 and only appears in the first option to change resolution.

And the other thing is: The game don't start after i open the ffxi-boot, my password and Login are correct, that black window stays, but the game don't start...

shiarua
05-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Hello Viperpray,
Im trying to install FFXI in my notebook with Windows 7, but im having some trouble...

First of all;
I did everything exactly as you said, using the booter without cinematics.
The problem is when i finish putting the username and password. Then i go change the resolution in the 'FINAL FANTASY XI Config';
The resolution i use here is 1024x768 and only appears in the first option to change resolution.

And the other thing is: The game don't start after i open the ffxi-boot, my password and Login are correct, that black window stays, but the game don't start...

So what's your problem with the resolution?

Also, can you take a screenshot of what happens after you type in your username/pass?

Razhael
05-13-2013, 05:52 PM
It's like i already posted;

The other two: Menu resolution and Background resolution only have three or four options like: 512x512, 1024x1024 and 2048x2048 etc.
I can't choose 1024x768 or another regular one.

And the other thing is: The game don't start after i open the ffxi-boot, my password and Login are correct, that black window stays, but the game don't start, don't load...
I Thought maybe because the three resolution options ain't the same perhaps.

I don't know why happen that...I installed and played a few months ago in another computer with Windows xp...
And i did the same procedure in this Notebook with Windows 7... But then when i went to configure the ''Final Fantasy XI Config'' the screen resolution, didn't show the same screen resolution as i write on the ffxi-boot...

nonetheless, i went try to start the game anyway. But did not succeed, the game didn't load, despite the ffxi-boot says i was Log-in..

shiarua
05-13-2013, 06:15 PM
It's like i already posted;

The other two: Menu resolution and Background resolution only have three or four options like: 512x512, 1024x1024 and 2048x2048 etc.
I can't choose 1024x768 or another regular one.

And the other thing is: The game don't start after i open the ffxi-boot, my password and Login are correct, that black window stays, but the game don't start, don't load...
I Thought maybe because the three resolution options ain't the same perhaps.

I don't know why happen that...I installed and played a few months ago in another computer with Windows xp...
And i did the same procedure in this Notebook with Windows 7... But then when i went to configure the ''Final Fantasy XI Config'' the screen resolution, didn't show the same screen resolution as i write on the ffxi-boot...

nonetheless, i went try to start the game anyway. But did not succeed, the game didn't load, despite the ffxi-boot says i was Log-in..

Dont know why the game didnt start but the background/menu resolution doesnt matter. Increasing these values only makes everything look smoother. The resolution is the only thing you need to worry about.

Razhael
05-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Dont know why the game didnt start but the background/menu resolution doesnt matter. Increasing these values only makes everything look smoother. The resolution is the only thing you need to worry about.

I see, so perhaps Viper can help me.. .-.

Razhael
05-13-2013, 07:16 PM
When i run the ffxi-boot as administrator that black window open and say i am ''successfully logged in as Raziel''
Is just the game did not launch...

Anybody have any idea how to help me ? =/

http://i42.tinypic.com/nfppiq.png

shiarua
05-13-2013, 07:20 PM
When i run the ffxi-boot as administrator that black window open and say i am ''successfully logged in as Raziel''
Is just the game did not launch...

Anybody have any idea how to help me ? =/

Try using the Ashita loader (the booter with cutscenes) and report back on what happens.

I was just told that you probably dont have Final Fantasy XI actually updated. Make sure that is up to date (NOT PLAYONLINE) before trying to log in

Razhael
05-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Well my friend;

First of all, i run de Repair tool on Final Fantasy XI, inside Playonline.
No errors found.

About your suggestion on Ashita Booter;
I did not understand how to use, even with the tutorial.
Inside the Ashite zip file i downloaded, there was 4 files;
- Scripts (folder)
- ffxi-boot_mode (folder)
- config (folder)
Ashita.exe

Ok, i extract them all to FFIX folder.
I run Ashita.exe inside the folder, but i did not found any Update option on that program. Thats the picture i got running Ashita.exe as admin;
Then i got an error if i press LAUNCH: Ashita failed to inject into PlayOnline.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2whdzc3.png

I really don`t know what can i do anymore...
Unfortunately i'm almost given up if you can not help me..

shiarua
05-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Well my friend;

No errors found.

- Scripts (folder)
- config (folder)
Ashita.exe

I run Ashita.exe inside the folder, but i did not found any Update option on that program. Thats the picture i got running Ashita.exe as admin;

Are you running Ashita as administrator? If not, thats probably why its failing.

Kiri
05-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Well my friend;

No errors found.

- Scripts (folder)
- config (folder)
Ashita.exe

Have you installed Visual Studio 2012 Express?

Ashita doesn't work correctly without some stuff from it.

Razhael
05-17-2013, 07:53 PM
I did not install this Visual Studio, is this the only one need it?
Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web or Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop?

marine2029
05-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Hello i hope you can help me because i have downloaded the Final Fantasy games from piratebay from you guys and after installing them and repairing the files i create a username and use the ABCD1234 for the player id but after i do all that and try logging in it asks for a password to play that username i created in Pol. Can anyone help please? I feel like an idiot asking because it is probably really simple.

angeltlopez
05-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Hello everyone. I seem to be running into a problem with the initial installation. I click the FINALFANTASYXIUCAE.exe which kicks off 7zip and the extraction process of the files. It seems to get all the way through FINALFANTASYXIUCAE.Data001 and then the following message pops up:

Main Setup Application Could Not Be Launched

and the installer just quits. So it extracts about 4Gb worth of files and errors out. Any ideas? Perhaps a botched download? If so not sure if it would be Data001 or Data002 that would be damaged. I'm reattempting the download now with Utorrent. About 65% done. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Thanks.

Eeam
05-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey, I did all the steps and everything worked out peachy-fine. The only problem is when I created my POL account and went to check the files, the FFXI dropdown wasn't there! There were only the Play Online and Tetra Master options. What should I do?

I have Windows 7.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like a file didn't copy over when I told it to, so I copied the files again and now it shows up.

Tshot
05-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Hihi

I did follow all the guide, and when i set all on aisha and press launch, after i log with my account it closes, ill put here a pic, this is what it says 1sec before closing

Any ideas? thanks

Nayte
05-23-2013, 11:14 PM
After it has finished, there should be around 700 ish files that need to be 'repaired'. Click on repair files and this should update your client to the latest version.

Is it normal for the amount of files that need repairing to be around 2300 ish instead of 700?

moondoggie
05-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Yeah...Started installing game and everything was going fine until I got to the end and tried installing wings of the goddess. Thats when my computer went to hell and had to spend hours trying to system restore. Virus attack by game files?

moondoggie
05-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Hey, I did all the steps and everything worked out peachy-fine. The only problem is when I created my POL account and went to check the files, the FFXI dropdown wasn't there! There were only the Play Online and Tetra Master options. What should I do?

I have Windows 7.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like a file didn't copy over when I told it to, so I copied the files again and now it shows up.

I have this problem too but I dont know how to solve it. Ive tried redoing things over and over.

Axylus
05-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Had this error code POL-1160 for last three hours when trying to update Playonline. I dont know if this will help but the current version im running for playonline is Ver.1.18.00n that was installed from the torrent. Any help would be great. After the release date announcement of XIV-ARR i need some XI to hold me over.

moondoggie
05-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Had this error code POL-1160 for last three hours when trying to update Playonline. I dont know if this will help but the current version im running for playonline is Ver.1.18.00n that was installed from the torrent. Any help would be great. After the release date announcement of XIV-ARR i need some XI to hold me over.

i know right? lol. thats why im here too, trying to get help into the game

Axylus
05-28-2013, 04:04 AM
i know right? lol. thats why im here too, trying to get help into the game

I came across another person who posted about the same error and viper said to just wait it out and check back. I guess ill wait until tmrw.

moondoggie
05-28-2013, 04:50 AM
I came across another person who posted about the same error and viper said to just wait it out and check back. I guess ill wait until tmrw.

ahhh alright. Sadly that doesnt help my issue haha

verafy420
05-28-2013, 11:30 AM
so is the installation going to be in spanish or french? how will i know what to do?

someone please help i dont get how to do this and have been wanting to play a online FF game for so long

verafy420
05-28-2013, 11:42 AM
ok nevermind that its downloading.. but is this game actually free to play? or is it just another free server once u already have the game

xiJewGuyix
05-28-2013, 05:00 PM
I am stuck. I've done everything so far but when I start PlayOnline and go to check files all it has is PlayOnline Viewer and Tetra. What do?

Neosho
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
I am stuck. I've done everything so far but when I start PlayOnline and go to check files all it has is PlayOnline Viewer and Tetra. What do?

Did you copy the /data/ folder from /Playonline Viewer/ to /Final Fantasy XI/ ?

xiJewGuyix
05-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Did you copy the /data/ folder from /Playonline Viewer/ to /Final Fantasy XI/ ?

Yeah. It's still just playonline viewer and tetra in the dropbox.

This is making me a sad jew. lol

Edit: I fixed it. For some reason it wasn't copying all of it.

moondoggie
05-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah. It's still just playonline viewer and tetra in the dropbox.

This is making me a sad jew. lol

Edit: I fixed it. For some reason it wasn't copying all of it.

mind telling me how you fixed it since i need that help too

xiJewGuyix
05-29-2013, 01:28 AM
mind telling me how you fixed it since i need that help too

Find the Final Fantasy XI folder that has all the Rom, Sound and everything folders in it and extract the PXI-FFXI to that folder.
It solved my problem after a couple tries.

My pathway was C:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI

moondoggie
05-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Find the Final Fantasy XI folder that has all the Rom, Sound and everything folders in it and extract the PXI-FFXI to that folder.
It solved my problem after a couple tries.

My pathway was C:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI

yeah i try that and it says like 38 files failed to copy over or something from no permission

xiJewGuyix
05-29-2013, 03:43 PM
yeah i try that and it says like 38 files failed to copy over or something from no permission

That's what happened to me. I just kept doing it until it finally worked.

xiJewGuyix
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Okay new problem. I'm playing FFXI but I cannot see my character, any npcs or any players. SO I have no idea what I am doing. XD

WeslleyMarcal
05-30-2013, 04:40 AM
PlayOnline pass???? :(
how do i play ?

Myst
05-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Hello,

I followed all the steps and got it to the point of where it boots into the client.

But I goofed up when I did step six, and copied the entire contents into the FF11 folder, instead of copying the data folder. I am hoping someone can tell me what stuff goes into the data folder so that I could easily transfer the files without having to reinstall everything.

ruyno
05-31-2013, 01:57 AM
Hello,

I followed all the steps and got it to the point of where it boots into the client.

But I goofed up when I did step six, and copied the entire contents into the FF11 folder, instead of copying the data folder. I am hoping someone can tell me what stuff goes into the data folder so that I could easily transfer the files without having to reinstall everything.

the data folder should have 6 folders inside:

db, dic, doc, font, icon, utf

Noot
05-31-2013, 09:10 PM
3322 = Not sure this could mean anything
Most common you didn't download data from the game it can take up to 3 tries to download data! This should only happen your first time in game!!! After this you should no longer get this error!

I'm finally in the game again and am getting this error code in Japanese!Should I just continue trying to create my Character?

Thanks for the help!

Neosho
05-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Most common you didn't download data from the game it can take up to 3 tries to download data! This should only happen your first time in game!!! After this you should no longer get this error!

I'm finally in the game again and am getting this error code in Japanese!Should I just continue trying to create my Character?

Thanks for the help!

The japanese error is mostly because your character name is already taken.

Noot
05-31-2013, 10:46 PM

I had tried many names. still the same error code. What data didn't I download?

damolii
06-02-2013, 11:43 PM
How do you equip stuff ? is there a hotkey because i do the ?equip and it doesnt work?? Also is anyone else playing?? :)

EvilMog
06-03-2013, 03:46 AM
When I try using the boot.exe it says "Accept Failed: 10093" what does this mean?

okiawa
06-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Hey guys- This server still running?
I'm trying to connect after created my character and i get error- 3001

dpm21
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Hello, I'm getting error with the booter, it's asking me where are the .msi files for Playonline Viewer and Tetra Master. I do not know where the .msi files are, can someone help me find them! Thank you!

EvilMog
06-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey guys- This server still running?
I'm trying to connect after created my character and i get error- 3001
Have you tried to log on after getting that error, sometimes you have to try multiple times to get on.

Triggws
06-03-2013, 07:34 PM
i was just on it an hour ago playing and now when i run the boot i get accept failed: 10093 why am i getting this code

Gilthan
06-04-2013, 07:56 AM
so i feel like an idiot, im on step 3 of the install and it doesnt show that i have pol installed anywhere to be able to extract the files into... where do i go about getting the pol or do i just install the one directly from their site? thanks.

EvilMog
06-04-2013, 05:01 PM
so i feel like an idiot, im on step 3 of the install and it doesnt show that i have pol installed anywhere to be able to extract the files into... where do i go about getting the pol or do i just install the one directly from their site? thanks.
Ok, are you looking for the folder or the actually application? If you're looking for the application it should be under "all programs" if you're looking for the folder, it should be in your Computer under hard drive. I hope this is of some help.

EvilMog
06-04-2013, 05:26 PM
i was just on it an hour ago playing and now when i run the boot i get accept failed: 10093 why am i getting this code
Are you running as administrator?

EvilMog
06-04-2013, 06:01 PM
How do you log out?

Triggws
06-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Are you running as administrator?

i always run as admin

i was on it lvling my DRK
logged out
came back an hour later still got the accept failed:10093

Gilthan
06-04-2013, 06:21 PM
@ evil mog
apparently when i was downloading the ffxi software it was having me uninstall pol all together, reinstalled it and still updating but partially working for the mnost part, i just left it running when i went to bed last night to have it finish updating pol when i got up, thanks for the quick response though.

Gilthan
06-04-2013, 06:53 PM
after step 4 when you go to actually update ffxi from the pol software it doesnt show that ffxi is actually on the computer it only shows tetra and the pol viewer, what would cause this?

Triggws
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
after step 4 when you go to actually update ffxi from the pol software it doesnt show that ffxi is actually on the computer it only shows tetra and the pol viewer, what would cause this?

i had that problem way back
what i ended up doing was doing a clean installation(meaning uninstall everything, restart, install all over again)

blacpac
06-07-2013, 12:04 AM
i done everything the post say to install but when i get to the ffxi-boot it won let me save when i change my resolution and user /password. and when i try an run the ffxi-boot application i get "the program cant start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." the ini file opens in notepad and after i change everything am i suppose to save? when i do try to save it says access denied. please help im really not trying to go through that 3hr update again.

Shinobu
06-07-2013, 12:36 AM
i done everything the post say to install but when i get to the ffxi-boot it won let me save when i change my resolution and user /password. and when i try an run the ffxi-boot application i get "the program cant start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." the ini file opens in notepad and after i change everything am i suppose to save? when i do try to save it says access denied. please help im really not trying to go through that 3hr update again.

Hello, did you install both x64 and x86 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 ? This step is a little hard to see but its there under "Booter with cutscene" step. It fixed the same problem you're having for me :)

blacpac
06-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Hello, did you install both x64 and x86 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 ? This step is a little hard to see but its there under "Booter with cutscene" step. It fixed the same problem you're having for me :)

i ll try that if what i done now doesn't work i just dloaded the dll file an put in the fold and i dont get the message anymore

blacpac
06-07-2013, 01:36 AM
ok got it working

blacpac
06-09-2013, 12:42 AM
i downloaded this om my pc everything works fine. downloaded on my lap everything is cool til i log in the game my character runs in place when i move,the background is a lil distorted and i dont show up on the map but everything else works. please help i really would like to lay in my bed an play late nights instead of sitting at my desk. thanks

ajlee17
06-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I need a bit of help. I'm at the stage of repairing files and it seems to be 'stuck' on 51.dat with 16122 files remaining. It's been like this for about 4 hours. Is this normal or should it have moved by now?

EDIT: Fixed it. ^_^

EvilMog
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
i downloaded this om my pc everything works fine. downloaded on my lap everything is cool til i log in the game my character runs in place when i move,the background is a lil distorted and i dont show up on the map but everything else works. please help i really would like to lay in my bed an play late nights instead of sitting at my desk. thanks
Does your laptop meet the specifications to run the game right?

blacpac
06-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Does your laptop meet the specifications to run the game right?

yea....it works its just the character. i made another character an tried my 1st character and everything all good but the second character does the glitch.but its cool i ll just erase that one. thx

MariusAlexander
06-12-2013, 12:04 AM

I need help with mines :/ sorry I'm still very new to this and I tried fallowing the instructions as best as I could.

Roland
06-12-2013, 06:05 AM
My wife and i are trying to download and play again after a cpl year break from game. she and i have both tried to get this going and im not sure where we are going wrong. neither of us are greatly computer savvy so any help would be greatfull. and is bit-torrent the rite torrent program to be useing?

washiko.hime
06-12-2013, 08:59 AM
I got the game running fine and everything, although I haven't played yet since when I tried to log on it gave me an error [In the game] so I assumed something was wrong with the server. That was yesterday.

Today I start up the boot and it just keeps saying "Could not find server". Everything was going fine. T_T

Edit: I'm so dumb. I always forget I have Peerblock because it runs on startup. Nevermind!

Larxine22
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
hi everybody i just download the game and follow the steps and everything,but im having an error doing the Ashita Boot,i put the same resolition and when i press launch it said "Ashita failed to inject into PlayOnline"
I need help,what should I do?

Fayte
06-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I have windows vista32-bit and when I try to install x64 it says it can only work with Windows xp sp1 (x64). I tried to update but I didnt see any xp service packs. how do I fix this?

KitsuneCross
06-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I just finished instaling the game and everything was ok, but when i try to create a character i get an error.

Samokoske
06-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Pretty excited to play this game again. After some technical limitations (had to do the process twice, I'm tech retarded), and creating my character, the game boots me out with an error.

"Build 100 has stopped working"

Veridian
06-17-2013, 02:12 AM
Im up to Step 5 and there is no Final Fantasy 11 in the check files section just Tetra Master and Playonline Viewer re installed everything 3 times im awdully stuck :( please email me at [email protected] to let me know what to do if someone can team viewer me to get this to work.

darkpath
06-17-2013, 02:53 AM
im trying to start it, but i click on the link on step one for the torrent and it wont let me do it.. Please help, i click the link in opens a new tab but nothing happens

Veridian
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
I downloaded the ffxi booter and now its just frozen onto my desktop saying its location is unknown wont let me delete it off my desktop...

Koala
06-18-2013, 07:50 AM
I have downloaded everything and think i have followed the directions up to repair ffxi. When i say check files in the play online and press the tab ffxi isnt there..? please help what have i done wrong?

Fixed but now stuck again..

lautan
06-19-2013, 02:51 AM
I have windows vista32-bit and when I try to install x64 it says it can only work with Windows xp sp1 (x64). I tried to update but I didnt see any xp service packs. how do I fix this?

You have to download the x32 version cause your computer is x32

Koala
06-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Ok got past the issue that i was having now im stuck on Step 6
After the update has finished, copy the data folder at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\data to the Final Fantasy XI directory at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI.
Afterwards you should have the directory PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\data.

I guess my problem is there is no data file in my PlayOnline\SquareEnix all i have is PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI
is there another video or a dummy guide for this guide =P please and thanks for the help

^^
i think i have gotten past this part.. but i also might of screwed everything all the way up.. I can now launch the game but its not though ashita. Its thru the ffxi-boot. I can create a character up to the point of a gold world pass.
The ashita launcher goes away very fast so i cant read the full message. but i think it says something about not being able to connect.

Terence
06-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Ok got past the issue that i was having now im stuck on Step 6
After the update has finished, copy the data folder at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\data to the Final Fantasy XI directory at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI.
Afterwards you should have the directory PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\data.

I guess my problem is there is no data file in my PlayOnline\SquareEnix all i have is PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI
is there another video or a dummy guide for this guide =P please and thanks for the help

How'd you manage to fix the issue with FFXI not being in Check Files? I have that myself and I can't find anything about it to fix it.

Koala
06-19-2013, 06:07 PM
How'd you manage to fix the issue with FFXI not being in Check Files? I have that myself and I can't find anything about it to fix it.

I cant remember exactly so im sorry. But i do remember i did extract a folder and it appeared there next time i went to check for repair files. All the directions are there, I had to watch the 2 videos fully without skipping anything. I think there was a part in the 2nd part of is part 1 video that i either overlooked or just plain skipped. also are you clicking on the drop menu for ffxi or are you keeping it on playonline?

Terence
06-19-2013, 06:35 PM
the drop menu just has "PlayOnline Viewer" and "Tetra Master". I'll check the video guides and hopefully it'll be there, then ^_^

Jadetiger
06-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Can someone help me with ashita? I updated everything but when I run it, it says it can't because MSVCP110.dll is missing. Where can i get that file?

MythicDann
06-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Can someone help me out? Why is it all of a sudden the background graphics/environment graphics aren't loading properly? I did no real changes to my computer since last night, so there should be no reason for them not loading.

FUZOSVK
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM

i got problem with ip address ffxi boot saying: couldnt find server

Perfection
06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
I've been looking for something like this for the longest time. I played FFXI for around 2 years and can't wait to start playing again. Hope to see you all in game soon enough!

lautan
06-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Can someone help me with ashita? I updated everything but when I run it, it says it can't because MSVCP110.dll is missing. Where can i get that file?

http://ffxifree.com/forum/showthread.php?1363-MSVCR100-dll-error-anyone

lautan
06-22-2013, 06:53 AM

You have to download the ffxi patch and put it in your ffxi folder. You get it from the download on the first post.

lothbrok
06-23-2013, 04:14 AM
http://ffxifree.com/forum/showthread.php?1363-MSVCR100-dll-error-anyone

OK i tried this and i have a newer version of the distribution how do i work this out?

lautan
06-23-2013, 04:29 AM
Try installing both. Uninstall the other one. I'm not sure. Installing it solved my issue before.

Koala
06-24-2013, 07:54 PM
I have reinstalled this game about 3 times trying to get this to work.

I have followed the directions as closely as I think I could. I'm at the part where i have to do Ashita. I have updated and now I am lost.
I have also downloaded the video version..If I have have to backtrack to do something please let me know.. I am so excited to play this game.. Its been a couple of years and loved it!

rnbwdsh2113
06-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I am having an issue in which i have installed the game...(again) It works all fine as it has done on my first installation. Except with this second installation (got new computer) it says that all other expansions are installed except Chains of Promathia. Now has anyone else experienced this?

TL;DR:
Installed the game, installed and plays well, except chains of promathia isn't installed. Help please.

EDIT: I would reinstall the game and cancel all others except CoP but i don't want to mess up the already installed data.

smokeymcpot
06-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Every time I try to download it just brings me to a blank screen. Can anyone help me with this? I used to play this game all the freaking time and stumbled on to this site. Would love to play and any help is greatly appreciated.

jujubeene
06-26-2013, 05:48 AM
Ok this step "
Adding a Booter to your Client
There are various booters to choose from. This is a booter that does not include the startup cutscene.

Booter WITHOUT startup cutscene

In the torrent that you downloaded, there should be a WinRAR file called ffxi-boot. Extract the contents to PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI
Open the .ini file inside the ffxi-boot folder and add your desired username and password. You can also change the resolution to your liking. You also need to change the resolution in the config program called 'FINAL FANTASY XI Config' located at PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS\
Run ffxi-boot as an administrator (this is important). Type 2 and create your account with the same username and password as you put in the .ini file.
After this type 1 and login with the same info.

(Click here to download the booter if you do not have it already.) (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g3f3eoy88ysjyfu)

Booter WITH startup cutscene
Click here to download the booter (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kq9k268q4fl7b8f)

Open the WinRAR file you downloaded and extract the contents to PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\
please also remember to download x86 and x64 from here and install both http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
"
do i need to run ashita if i used the one without the cutscene? because i do not see a copy of that file in the one without cutscene...thanks

Sellier
06-26-2013, 06:03 PM
I cant seem to get the FF 11 to show up in the play online check files things. Any help is appreciated. :D

Kidrin
06-26-2013, 09:05 PM
I cant seem to get the FF 11 to show up in the play online check files things. Any help is appreciated. :D
I'm with this person as well. Any help is greatly appreciated :D
Edit: I got it myself :3
So Sellier what I did instead was the alternative method to download the files for step 3. I downloaded those, WinRaR still wouldn't let me extract them into the proper folder so I did extract to a test folder on my desktop. Worked perfectly. After that had extracted to the test folder I just moved/replaced the files in the right spot and afterwards FFXI was appearing in the check files section of PoL. Hope this helps :D

Nicias
06-27-2013, 12:01 AM
You know you suck at a computer when you have been trying to do these things for 3 days now, I just give up. I need help :( I've been trying to install this but i never get the option of the game on the file repairing area. Sadly i don't understand either what to do, i see that people fix it in a way and i dont exactly know what they mean with that. im new with my laptop and she is annoying.

Sellier
06-27-2013, 03:05 AM
So Sellier what I did instead was the alternative method to download the files for step 3. I downloaded those, WinRaR still wouldn't let me extract them into the proper folder so I did extract to a test folder on my desktop. Worked perfectly. After that had extracted to the test folder I just moved/replaced the files in the right spot and afterwards FFXI was appearing in the check files section of PoL. Hope this helps :D

Worked like a charm. Thx. But now it says it cant connect to the server /QQ

Kidrin
06-27-2013, 03:16 AM
Worked like a charm. Thx. But now it says it cant connect to the server /QQ

Did you do step 6 and the booter step? Literally just got done with mine and got on myself

Kidrin
06-27-2013, 03:29 AM
You know you suck at a computer when you have been trying to do these things for 3 days now, I just give up. I need help :( I've been trying to install this but i never get the option of the game on the file repairing area. Sadly i don't understand either what to do, i see that people fix it in a way and i dont exactly know what they mean with that. im new with my laptop and she is annoying.

Okay so you're at the point where you are supposed to repair the files right?
1) My WinRaR wasn't letting me extract directly into the folder so I extracted them to a test folder on my desktop.
2) Once they were extracted to that folder I replaced the files in the PlayOnline/SquareEnix/FINAL FANTASY XI folder with those ones. (you can just replace them, don't have to delete the ones already in there. It's just the cursors and everything out of the folders.)
3) Once I did that ran PoL went to the check files and FFXI was there to be repaired.
I hope this helps a bit more.

Avesta
06-27-2013, 08:25 AM
nvm, i've found the link for ashita.

DazeMica
06-27-2013, 11:36 AM
hello,

i was trying the search menu to find anyone looking for ashita download link, but i cant find it. In the tutorial for installing FFXI also no link for ashita.
Anyone can help?

Thankyou...

FFEVO.com is the good website, they have more addon too.

Drazic
06-28-2013, 01:47 AM
i'm trying to install and get everything set up for this and I got to step 5 and it doesn't show FFXI in the files list under the POL drop down. Am I missing something?

Mishima
06-28-2013, 10:08 AM
i'm trying to install and get everything set up for this and I got to step 5 and it doesn't show FFXI in the files list under the POL drop down. Am I missing something?

The previous 47 pages, yes you missed something lol.

Bloodheart
06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
yeah i directed him to this thread mish, hes got a wierd work schedule right now so ill probably go to his house at some point if he cant figure it out. I tried to walk him through this step via txt msgs and him sending me screenshots. Drazic is my brother so I will get him squared away.

Bloodheart
06-28-2013, 06:38 PM

In case i havent talked to you via phone/txt Drazic:

Here is a previous post just 1 page back Drazic, see if this works for you. Also, get yourself 7-zip from download.com i feel it works better then windows zip or WinRAR, imo.

Here is a link to 7zip search on download.com, they have a 32 bit and a 64 bit:
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=7zip&rpp=10&searchtype=downloads&filter=licenseName%3D%22Free%22%7Cplatform%3DWindo ws%2CMac%2CiOS%2CAndroid%2CWebware%2CMobile&filterName=licenseName%3DFree%7Cplatform%3DWindows %2CMac%2CiOS%2CAndroid%2CWebware%2CMobile

Chuckbaum
06-29-2013, 02:53 AM
So I'm at the point of updating POL viewer and I get the error code 1160 telling me the network is busy or there are connection problems. Any thoughts on what I can do? (My internet works fine btw)

Choochoo
06-30-2013, 12:06 PM
So I'm at the point of updating POL viewer and I get the error code 1160 telling me the network is busy or there are connection problems. Any thoughts on what I can do? (My internet works fine btw)

Yes. i have encounted this due to poor latency and dop outs from an insecure network. in any case this can be resolved by pressing back until you reach the main menu of the pol client. this means it will re-scan all the file's you have just downloaded and make sure it wont re-download them.

From this point you will have to click the drop down box and select the final fantasy xi option and click next it will then give you a prompt about updating and scanning for out of date files. this entire proccess can take a while due to the square enix servers being the only server it streams from.

IF this is not the case then you may have to do a full un-install and then re-install all over again as well as update this is recognised by the program saying it wasnt's to restart. Exit before entering anything else in; such as detail's and then patch the files with the ffxi-patch.rar file located in the download and then enter in your detail's. the rest is in the guide. I am only being this benevolent because i'm re-downloading it as we speak and i don't even need to look at the guide.

hope i helped. peace out.

oversmoked
07-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Having a little problem when i run the boot and log in it asks to find the playonline viewer tetra master.MSI I cant seem to find it so it wont let me play. Anything to help?

Sephirot91
07-01-2013, 05:05 PM
The following message appears after the extraction .exe:Main Setup Application Could Not Be Launched !

Nyitah
07-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Im getting an "Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product Playonline Viewer & Tetra Master. The Windows installer cannot continue." this happens right after i log in with the boot loader for the first time. it brings up a window to locate a "PlayOnline Viewer & Tetra Master.msi" file that i searched for and cannot find. Tried looking in the thread for a solution and wasnt able to find one.

Izzac
07-03-2013, 08:37 AM
im constantly getting stuck at the Download screen...
:/

D12Angel
07-04-2013, 05:32 AM
i have been also getting the problem with the PlayOnline Viewer & Tetra Master.msi... please help!!

D12Angel
07-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Im getting an "Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product Playonline Viewer & Tetra Master. The Windows installer cannot continue." this happens right after i log in with the boot loader for the first time. it brings up a window to locate a "PlayOnline Viewer & Tetra Master.msi" file that i searched for and cannot find. Tried looking in the thread for a solution and wasnt able to find one.

were you able to find a solution??

billiard
07-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Hey I was getting this error 1706 thing too, and the way I got around it was clicking the X at the top right of the error message. Before that I was hitting cancel and it stopping me from playing. I hope this works for you too.

sYC0
07-06-2013, 01:21 AM
ive got everything working but when i try to login to playonline it wants a password for the ABCD1234 account, someone help please

Sirrahleoj
07-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Private server uses a boot loader NOT POL.EXE to start game. Recheck the excellent sticky for how to play and you'll be good.

sYC0
07-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Private server uses a boot loader NOT POL.EXE to start game. Recheck the excellent sticky for how to play and you'll be good.

I ran the boot loader and logged in then it opened POL what do I do after I log in on boot loader?

Edit: I got into game and made my character but once i start playing my character does not show up and neither does anyone else